Auburn Leathercrafters is a family owned and operated business. Since 1950, we have been manufacturing dog collars, dog leashes, pet harnesses and toys in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of Central New York State, USA. For three generations, our family members, along with our loyal staff of skilled craftspeople, have been ready to assist you with your stores’ needs.
You will appreciate the quality craftsmanship of our handcrafted products. We use only the finest full grain leathers and other materials. We believe our customers must be given the best possible service and the best quality products. Most importantly to us, our business ethics and conduct must be beyond reproach and consistent with our faith.
One of our favorite things to do here at Auburn Leathercrafters is design new dog collars and leashes with you, the conscientious business owner, in mind. We work hard to find materials and methods that will ensure your customers will be able to enjoy their purchases for a very long time. If you are familiar with our products and service, you will know that we sincerely believe that value is far more than a number on a price tag. It is with this in mind that we are continuously developing new items for introduction.
Experience has taught us that value is more than a number. Real value comes from a quality product that is designed to last and that, even though it may cost a little more, you and your customer can be assured that you will not be disappointed. That is why we stand behind every product we make.
The most critical component of our products: Our employees. Even as an owner, I feel I am the most privileged of all to be a part of this team. And, here’s why:
- The majority of our employees have been with us for at least 5 years, so we feel that we know them like family.
- They pull together to get the job done. They have each other’s backs, at work and in their personal lives.
- From time to time, we have had the pleasure of working with our local persons with disabilities organizations. What a treat to see their smiling faces as they help with things like thread trimming and similar light assembly work.
- We have former military currently working with us and we have watched a number of our young people move on to the military. Nothing makes us more proud than when they stop by the shop when they are home on leave.
- We have had the honor of working with a number of people who were trying to get their lives back together after difficult or challenging times. We have watched them overcome their obstacles. We couldn’t be more proud.
A heart-felt thank you to each and every one of our wonderful staff.
And, while we are at it, I would like to introduce you to our employee's favorite mascots, Baxter and Abe.